Saturday, November 29, 2008

No Wine for You

Actually, there's plenty of wine for you, if you'd like a white or a red that compliments turkey. We had 10 adults and 6 bottles of wine for 2 days, which I thought would be terribly insufficient. With 4 bottles remaining, it looks like I was wrong. I have strong memories of merry family holidays where the adults got slightly tipsy and stayed up late every night talking and playing games. Well now that my kids are the only ones too young to drink, most of the rest of the crew has gotten too old! The worst part is that everyone can give a litany of pills and conditions that make wine drinking inadvisable, so they have not only gotten old, but they are falling apart, too :(

Still, even without the social lubricant, my highly opinionated and aggressive family managed to enjoy the dinner and the company without cross words: a miracle when all of us are absolute experts (!) about everything (it's them really, I'm very laid back and easy to get along with).

1 comment:

Deviant Dad said...

WEAK!?! You'll need to make up for that by visiting the Merlot wine bar (near the end of Vulcan Way). Alternatively, I can come over take care of some of that wine. That's just the helpful kind of guy I am.