Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Random Miscellany

Since I'm feeling incoherent and disconnected this morning, I'd thought I'd post a random collection of interesting things that I've seen in the last day or so.

First, an interesting travel tip from Google. If you are flying or meeting someone's plane, you can check on the status of the flight by texting the flight number to 466453. I think they get their info from www.flightstat.com, so it should be good quality. This number is like a pseudo-411, so you could look up anything. Need the nearest Dairy Queen while driving through New Jersey? Ask Google with your cell phone, and they'll send you the address. Nice and neat.

Second, while you are doing all this flying or driving, you should make sure to stay hydrated. The best, or at least most expensive, way to do that is to invest in some concentrated water. Yes, it is finally here, the oldest joke of all: concentrated water. This little luxury good comes from Hawaii, and is desalinated ocean water. Apparently, this water is special because it comes from 3000 ft down, and is "pure." 2 oz. sells for $33.50, and you are supposed to mix it with regular water (so much for purity). For your money, you get "weight loss, stress reduction, skin tone, and digestion." I suggest you head to Dairy Queen instead, which will give you two out of four for 2 bucks. If you walk there, you might get the skin tone and weight loss too.

I had a third item, but I'm so incoherent and disconnected that it has gone clean out of my mind. Maybe some of that concentrated water would help.

No comments: