Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thrifty

So this is yet another post that contains no deep thoughts, just a nagging question: does it matter what kind of clothes I put on my baby? I have boxes of blue and green and tan baby clothes that I've saved for seven years in the basement. I've been washing these things and inspecting them, and can't convince myself to give them away. I know in advance that I will have an annoying number of people congratulating me on my "boy", just because I'll be dressing her in the wrong colors, but these are perfectly good clothes! Everytime I consider buying all new, I think of ration cards and Victory Gardens, long lines for gas and our current "mental recession", and I become unable to discard these things.

Will you be one of the people mocking me for dressing a girl in blue, with puppy dog prints?

Standby for the name- I think most people will hate it, especially the spelling which is correct, rather than convenient. We might change our minds of course, when my little Predator emerges looking more like a Martha than an Agnes, for instance.

Also standby for more consequential questions and topics, such as the Ted Stevens indictment, the America's Cup legal nightmare, the juvenile justice system, illegal immigration, and more. For now, I'm just too fatigued. Plus, I haven't solidified my thoughts well enough to present them in a fashion that will convince all and sundry that I am utterly right, and ought to be thanked for sharing my pearls of wisdom.

No comments: